Fibre optics and amplifiers
Fibre optics are used in tight spaces and difficult environmental conditions. A multitude of fibre optics with the most different scanning heads is available.
Fibre optics from Dietz excel by their outstanding flexibility, their high temperature resistence up to +200°C (392°F) and high performance. Versions with glass or plastic optical fibres are available, each as through-beam or scanner type. The light is conducted through two separated optical fibres (transmitter/receiver) to the sensing position respectively back to the receiver.
The outer diameter of an optical fibre is at least 1mm. In general, the light outlet capsule is made of metal with a metric thread or threadless to make possible an easy and quick mounting with screws or clamps.
The glass fibre optics are designed with a M18 adapter to be connected with an amplifier (by default the serie OLK…) and with at least 30cm length. The plastic fibre optics are operated with amplifiers (i.e. WLL serie to attach on profile rails or S50-…-E01, cylindric with thread) and can be cut to arbitrary size.
- Through-beam principle:
- The operating principle is that of a through-beam light barrier. Two separated sensing heads work as transmitter and receiver. The range depends on the amplifier.
- Scanner principle:
- The operating principle is that of a reflective scanner. The transmitter and the receiver are united in one conductor as separated fibre bundle. The range depends on the amplifier.
- Most different sensing heads
- Heatproof up to +200°C (392°F)
- Silicone, plastic or PUR sleeve
- Amplifier compact, able to interlock or cylindric
- Red or infrared light
- Sensitivity adjustment on the amplifier
Graded sensing head, 3.5mm/5.6mm threadless stainless steel housing. Axial light outlet. An M18 adapter connects with an amplifier. Operating temperature range of –40…+200°C (–40…+392°F).
Stainless steel sensing head with M6 thread. Axial light outlet. An M18 adapter connects with an amplifier. Operating temperature range of –40…+200°C (–40…+392°F).
Threadless housing, one-sided flat with radial light outlet. 35mm length. An M18 adapter connects with an amplifier. Operating temperature range of –40…+200°C (–40…+392°F).